Buy a Car and Win it!
From August 7th until September 15th, 2018
Every person that buys a car will be entered for a chance to win their car!
The draw will take place September 17th! See Sales For Details
Rules and Regulation below
Fill In your Info to partake in this exciting event!
Win Your Ride Contest Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”)
1. SPONSOR: Contest is sponsored and administered by Mike Priestner Automotive Group Ltd. o/a Go Auto, 10220 – 184 Street, Edmonton, Alberta T5S 0B9.
2. ENTRY PERIODS: Win Your Ride Contest (the “Contest”) commences on August 9, 2018 at 12:00:01 a.m. Mountain Time (“MT”) and ends on September 15, 2018 at 11:59:59 p.m. MT (the “Entry Period”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to all Alberta residents, who are registered owners or lessees of an Eligible Vehicle (defined below) purchased or leased from a Participating Dealership (defined below) during the Entry Period and have reached the age of majority at the time of entry, except employees, representatives or agents (and (i) their immediate family members and (ii) those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of Go Auto (the “Sponsor”), its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, dealers, advertising/promotion agencies and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”). In these Rules an “immediate family member” includes a spouse (including a common law spouse or adult interdependent partner), father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister, irrespective of where they reside.
4. HOW TO ENTER – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: An eligible entrant can enter the Contest by one (1) of the following two (2) ways:
PURCHASE ENTRY: An eligible entrant that purchases or leases an Eligible Vehicle from a Participating Dealership within the Entry Period will be automatically entered into the Contest (one “Purchase Entry”), unless the eligible entrant opts-out of being entered into the Contest at the time of such purchase or lease. An agreement to purchase or lease an Eligible Vehicle must be entered into and completed. If there is more than one eligible entrant purchasing or leasing such Eligible Vehicle, only the primary purchaser / lessee named on the agreement will be identified on the Entry and entered into the Contest.
In these Rules, (1) “Eligible Vehicle” means a used motor vehicle, that is not an Excluded Vehicle, purchased from a Participating Dealership and used for personal or household purposes; (3) “Excluded Vehicle” means any vehicle that the Sponsor has announced prior to the commencement of the first day of the Entry Period as excluded from the Contest; (4) “Participating Dealership” means a Go Auto dealership that, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, participates in the Contest.
NO PURHCASE ENTRY: Alternatively, an eligible entrant may enter the Contest by (i) printing their first and last name, complete mailing address, telephone number with area code, age and email address and (ii) writing a 450-word or more essay describing [“Why Alberta is my favorite province to drive in.”] and mailing it (in an envelope with sufficient postage), to (one “No Purchase Entry”):
Mike Priestner Automotive Group Ltd. o/a Go Auto
10220 – 184 Street, Edmonton, Alberta T5S 0B9
Re: Win Your Ride Contest
The essay must be unique and original for this Contest. Upon receipt of your No Purchase Entry in accordance with these Rules, you will receive one (1) Entry in the Contest. To be eligible, your one (1) No Purchase Entry must be received in an envelope bearing sufficient postage and may not be combined in the same envelope with another person’s No Purchase Entry, and be post-marked during the Entry Period and received by no later than September 15, 2018, 11:59:59 MT. Personally delivered No Purchase Entries will not be accepted.
Unless otherwise stated in the remainder of the Rules, Purchase Entry and No Purchase Entry shall be collectively referred to as Entry.
5. ENTRY LIMIT: One (1) Entry per eligible person, regardless of the method of entry.. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to use multiple names and/or identities to enter the Contest or otherwise participate in or disrupt the Contest, then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible, and accept no liability whatsoever in relation to, any late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete, illegible, damaged or incompatible Entries (all of which are void).
6. VERIFICATION: All purported Entries, Eligible Vehicles and/or eligible entrants are subject to the Sponsor’s verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor, including, without limitation, government issued photo identification: (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an Entry, Eligible Vehicle and/or entrant for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Sponsor’s clock.
7. THE PRIZE AND VALUE: There will be a maximum of one (1) prize (the “Prize”) available to be won. The Prize consists of:
IF THE WINNING ENTRY IS A PURCHASE ENTRY: The Prize consists of a cheque payable to the confirmed winner in the amount of (i) the purchase price paid including all taxes and fees to the Participating Dealership for their Eligible Vehicle as identified in the purchase agreement, or (ii) the total lease obligation (excluding any lease finance charges and interest) for their Eligible Vehicle set out in the lease agreement for their Eligible Vehicle.
By way of example, if the confirmed winner’s Eligible Vehicle is a 2017 Ford Focus SE that was purchased from the Participating Dealer for $20,000.00, then his/her Prize will consist of a cheque in the amount of $20,000.00 payable to the winner. By way of another example, if the confirmed winner’s Eligible Vehicle is a 2017 Ford Focus SE that was leased from the Participating Dealer, and the purchase price for the Eligible Vehicle set out in the lease for such Eligible Vehicle is $20,000.00, then his/her Prize will consist of a cheque in the amount of $20,000.00 payable to the winner.
IF THE WINNING ENTRY IS A NO PURCHASE ENTRY: The Prize will consist of a cheque payable to the confirmed winner in an amount to the median price of all purchased/leased prices paid for all Eligible Vehicles to all Participating Dealerships during the Contest, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. For clarity, the Sponsor shall use the prices of eligible Purchase Entries to calculate the Prize for the No Purchase Entry winner.
For example, if there were a total of five (5) eligible Purchase Entries, consisting of the following five (5) purchase prices: $5,000, $7,250, $10,000, $25,670 and $39,500, then the medium would be $10,000. As such, the Prize for the No Purchase Entry winner would be would be $10,000. The Sponsor is under no obligation to disclose any information, including the purchase / lease prices of Eligible Vehicles, used to calculate the median.
The approximate retail value of each Prize may differ depending on the Eligible Vehicle in question and whether such Eligible Vehicle was leased or purchased. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or assignable (except as may be specifically permitted by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute any Prize with a prize or prizes of equal or greater value.
8. WINNER SELECTION AND ODDS OF WINNING: On September 4, 2018 (the “Draw Date”), in Nisku, AB at approximately 10:00am MT, one (1) eligible entrant will be selected by random draw (a “Draw”) from among all eligible Entries submitted during the Entry Period in accordance with these Rules and not otherwise disqualified by the Sponsor. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries submitted and received during the Entry Period in accordance with these Rules.
9. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Following the Draw Date, the Sponsor or its designated representative will make two (2) attempts to contact the entrant selected on the Draw Date by telephone (using the information provided at the time of entry) within the 24 hours immediately following the Draw. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted as indicated above; then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries in the Draw (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected entrant, with the necessary amendments).
10. WINNER CONFIRMATION: BEFORE BEING DECLARED A CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER, each selected entrant will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; and (b) sign and return within forty-eight (48) hours of notification the Sponsor’s declaration and release form, which (among other things): (i) confirms eligibility and compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize (as awarded); (iii) releases the Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; (iv) agrees to have his/her photo and/or video taken with, if applicable, the Eligible Vehicle that corresponds to the Prize (each a “Photo and Video”) on a date and time and at a location specified by the Sponsor (in consultation with the selected entrant); (v) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, the municipality in which he/she resides, voice, statements about the Contest and/or Photo and Video or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity, promotion or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, television broadcast or the internet; and (vi) verifies his or her identity as the entrant to the sole satisfaction of the Sponsor. If a selected entrant: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize (as awarded) for any reason; (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); and/or (e) fails to verify his or her identity as the entrant to the sole satisfaction of the Sponsor; then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries in the Draw (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected entrant, with the necessary amendments).
11. EXCLUSIONS: Prior to the first day of any Entry Period, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, announce (a) changes to the list of Participating Dealerships and/or (b) changes to the list of Excluded Vehicles. Announcements will be made at www.goauto.ca or see Participating Dealerships (see section 14) for details.
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. By participating in this Contest, you are agreeing to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Rules. ANYONE DETERMINED TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
The Released Parties will not be liable for the failure of any Entry or any other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason, including weather, mail delivery disruption or unavailability, telephone or internet service disruption or unavailability, strikes, lockouts, or any labour dispute at a Participating Dealership (see section 14) or other organization or business. The confirmed Prize winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any taxes, if applicable, relating to the receipt of the Prize.
The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of an error, problem, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, failure or any other cause that interferes with the proper conduct or administration of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever that, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, is required to preserve the integrity of the Contest. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
Without limiting the permissions to be granted to the Sponsor pursuant to paragraph 10 of these Rules, by entering this Contest, each entrant expressly consents to the Sponsor, its agents and/or representatives, storing, sharing and using the personal information submitted for the purpose of administering the Contest.
The Sponsor reserves the right and, otherwise, without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying any entrant, Entry, Eligible Vehicle and/or compliance with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason whatsoever.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited, to point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
13. RIGHT TO DECIDE, AMEND, CANCEL, SUSPEND: The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest, or to amend these Rules, at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason whatsoever, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries, Eligible Vehicles and/or entrants.
14. PARTICIPATING DEALERSHIPS: Go Auto Outlet West, Go Auto Outlet Edmonton International, Go Auto Outlet Red Deer.